Click on the title to open or download:
Posters are regarded as an important part of the conference. From the presenter’s point of view posters give maximum exposure, being available throughout the conference. For the viewer, posters may be viewed and re-viewed at leisure, with greater opportunity to digest the messages than with a short communication.
Size: Posters should be a maximum of 95 cm wide and 150 cm high – and must be Portrait Orientation.
Mounting: Posters must be mounted by 10:00 on Friday 13 September 2019.
Each board will be marked with the number and title of the poster, as indicated in the final programme.
Materials to mount posters will be provided, please collect at the registration desk.
Removal: Posters must be removed by 11:00 on Sunday, 15 September 2019.
Call for abstracts
Participants are invited to submit original abstracts for oral and/or poster presentation.
The deadline for abstract submission is 15 May 2019.
Two prizes will be awarded for the best presentations:
- Full sponsorship (flights, registration and accommodation) to an overseas Neonatology Conference. This will be awarded to a fellow in Neonatology or a young consultant in Neonatology for the best oral presentation from this group.
- Full sponsorship (flights, registration and accommodation) to a local conference or workshop. This will be awarded to a registrar for the best oral presentation from this group.
Guidelines for Abstract submission
Authors are requested to conform to the following guidelines for submission of abstracts:
- Only abstracts submitted online will be considered for inclusion in the programme.
- The abstract must be submitted in English.
- The word limit for abstracts is 550 words.
- The system allows you to edit and save your abstract but once the abstract has been submitted for review, editing will not be possible.
- The criteria according to which all abstracts will be reviewed are provided as a way of guiding the development of your submission. These include:
Content: Quality of content
Significance: Significance for theory and practice
Originality: Originality and level of innovativeness
Relevance: Relevance to the conference themes
Clarity: Clear goals, coherence and logical progression
- All abstracts will be reviewed.
- Please note that a limited number of oral presentations will be accepted.
- Please note that selected poster presentations will be in the form of a mini (3 minute) presentation during dedicated poster sessions.
- Notification of acceptance or rejection by the Local Scientific Committee will be e-mailed to the presenting author from 15 June 2019.
- We strongly encourage submitting authors to register via the online registration system simultaneously with the abstract submission.
- Failure by the presenting author to register by 29 June 2019 will imply that the abstract will neither be included in the Final Program nor be printed in the abstract book.
- The time allotted for each oral presentation will depend on the session to which the abstract is allocated.
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically only from September 2018 until the deadline of 15 May 2019 via the conference website.
- Please submit your abstract as per the detailed instructions below.
- Only online abstract submissions will be considered. Abstracts sent by mail, direct e-mail, or fax cannot be accepted.
- Click here to register for abstract submission for USANA2019
- Click here to log in and submit or amend your abstract.
Authors can submit abstracts electronically by following this procedure:
- First you need to register for abstract submission for USANA2019.
- Confirm registration by following the link sent in a confirmation email.
- Log in and click the ‘Add abstract’ button.
- You can edit and add additional authors after adding your abstract.
- Click the ‘Submit for review’ button when you are ready.
If your abstract submission requires amendments, you will be notified by email
- Log in and click on the abstract title to open it.
- Read the reviewer’s comments.
- Click on ‘Edit’ to amend the abstract and remember to save.
- Click on ‘Resubmit for review’ in order for the reviewers to be notified.